Rotating Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you talking about the Power Sweep? I have used it before and it did okay. It stoped rotating every now and again and needed a good cleaning to work properly. I have since switched to the maxi-jets and am much happier with those.

oh, so should i just stick with the maxi-jets? i like the idea that the power sweep moves around and gets more water movement.

i had a pwer sweep also, and it too often got stuck, little pieces of cc can cause it to stop. I believe there are some other brands out there that rotate i would look around.

You can mod a maxijet to switch direction with a wavetimer. It changes the direction that the impellar spins each time it goes off and on.

Not what I was talking about. I have seen those though. I will see if I can find the link...

Good link, I was actually refering to dodgersfan25 original question, but looking at my reply looks like I was replying to you! sorry for any confusion :oops:

Cheers Shelton.

Back
Top Bottom