Royal Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fadetoblack06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get my royal pleco to come out? The only time I ever see him out is when either he thinks I am not looking or when night time comes around. He looks really cool and I want to be able to see him.

Place a nice-sized chunk of wood in the tank, and he'll most likely hang out on that. Royals are Panaques, and require wood in their diet. They also need a good filter to clean up all the sawdust they poop...

I notice when I had my pleco in a 10 gallon he would always come out to greet me and let me hand feed him. Now that he's in the 75 gallon with an upgrade in places to hide, he stays in doors and comes out at night. Here I thought all that attention was because he missed me :lol: He will still come up to the glass to get my attention though If I'm late with the grub.

I put in cucumber and watermelon, he doesn't like zucchini, it will all be there int he morning when I put it in. I have 3 chunks of nice size wood in the tank each about 7" long. I am running a canister filter in the tank so that will not be an issue with the poop. He is in a 55 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom