Rubber Eel Question/Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Aston

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw a very small rubber eel at my LFS

Usually they are huge and look monstrous this one is small and thin and very sweet.

I dont think he will pull out any of my decorations so am happy to take him back to my house where I can pop in my tank which holds 100 Litre.

I dont have any small fish and all my fish are very peaceful so he wont get picked on. But is he aggressive? :ermm:

Does he require a special diet or anything?

If any of guys have ever kept one of these fish then please let me know what you thought of them!

Also I know he will get big and in the future I will buy a bigger tank to help him be more happy! Also how does it take for him to grow ? Is he a fast grower or will he be a slow grower?

Thanks Aston

"Rubber eel" is not a real eel but an amphibian. Some of them will live primarily in water and others need a dry/wet aquarium. I would suggest doing your research on the specs need for habitat (not all LFS are reliable for housing information). As for food they can be feed slugs, bloodworms, incests...ect. The general rule for eels is that they will only eat fish that will fit in their mouth (not including very aggressive eels).

"Rubber eel" is not a real eel but an amphibian. Some of them will live primarily in water and others need a dry/wet aquarium. I would suggest doing your research on the specs need for habitat (not all LFS are reliable for housing information). As for food they can be feed slugs, bloodworms, incests...ect. The general rule for eels is that they will only eat fish that will fit in their mouth (not including very aggressive eels).

Thanks you

So he will be find in the water also i have a lid so he cant escape!

He will be fine in water...most of them like to make their home in caves or mud...if you do put in decor for him to live in make sure it is 100% secure, amphibians are stronger than they look...

87 of you have viewed this but havent given any information or opinion on this matter at all!

Even if you dont know anything about you could say something !

I like this about them or something!

I had a pair of adults many years ago. Never saw them much unless there was food involved, and they were quite prone to find any available opening and climbing out of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom