S. petricola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ricky 1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, I will be moving soon, so my 50g is on e-bay, (no choice) we are moving to my static in Lincoln until our apartment's ready next March, my question is, could I keep 2 s.petricola catfish in a 5g as I have had them from young and don't want to lose them..........

I would say, for a day or two, maybe. Any longer than that, no. They are very active fish and need lots of space.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks erla, will have to consider a 10g.......I was thinking of getting a more powerful pump to change the water over more in the 5g and doing more wc's would that help??

Last edited:
I think 10g is still too small, unless the petricolas are still tiny. The issue is not so much the filtration/water quality (although of course that is important), but the bigger issue is the amount of space. They will likely get stressed and not thrive if they do not have enough space.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are quite big now around 1.5 inches so, maybe could stretch to a 20g as we will be in a static until next March would that do, thanks very much for your help erla..........

I think 20g would be okay. I had my four petricolas in a 30g quarantine tank for awhile before I moved them to a 55g, and they seemed okay. And they were 1.5 to 2 inches each at the time. I don't blame you for not wanting to give them up: they are great fish!

Back
Top Bottom