Sad week, but new 15 gallon column build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put a cone over it and gave it some mysis...... Then they really came out!!! Guess that made it very happy!! Now lights r out, so I'll see in a bit how it looks.....

Had another large amounts of ice last night..... My power had better not go out!!!!!!

Holy smokes!!!! The sea hare must have been hungry last night!!! 99% of the hair algae is gone!!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395150212.424522.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395150239.658533.jpgguessing I will take him back in the next day or so, so he won't be hungry.....

Hmmm.....I'm so unsure of where to move this guy....obviously he isn't happy where he is as he never has long tentacles anymore......up? Down? More movement? Less? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395174977.628639.jpg
My tank has ALOT of movement....I'm not sure the gph on it, but I have been told by several other reefers it was a lot more than they had, but was good.......
I had thought that he was unhappy due to being run over by the sea hare, but he hasn't been close to it all day, yet the torch is still "stubby"

Any ideas?

If you've moved it in the last day or 2 it's normal for euphies to be a little grumpy. Not sure if this is the case or not but they don't like to extend real far if there not in a real stable location.

Try the sand bed, euphies seem to enjoy being on the bottom. You can also use superglue/aquarium putty to mount the coral to the rock work

Found a new home for the sea hare yesterday....now I need to rebuild by rock work since he wrecked havoc while he was visiting!!! Dang.....and I really like how it was!!! I know I'll never get it the same again!!!

What the heck?!?!?!??!? So I got rid of the cyano and massive hair algae.....rehomedImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396031935.629228.jpg the sea hare.....now I'm dealing with dinoflagellates......this is crazy!!!!! I have upped the water changes to 5 gallons per week, using store bought RO water.....haven't done or added anything new, so I'm hoping this is just a bump in the road that will soon disappear......guess now I need to take some water and have it checked since I don't have my own kit.....

Did some cleaning and moved things around a bit......ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396137894.760083.jpg now I'm waiting on things to open up again.....

So I have decided to switch the stuff in this tank into a 20 long.....I'm just really not a fan of the tall, skinny tank......the plan for the 20L is to go bare bottom, but grow green star polyps to cover the bare bottom....will move the rock I have over, to make 2 "towers" and will also add a Few pieces of tonga branch rock that I have seen at my LFS....

I am almost positive now that the source of my phosphate issue is the sand that is in the tank now, but since tut won't be used I'm hoping the issue will resolve quickly. I did have someone tell me to rinse the rock in RO water before the transfer, and give the corals ll a dunk in coral Rx to prevent carrying over the dinoflagellates that I have been dealing with.....good idea? Or terrible idea?

Everything will move over except tank.... All equipment will be cleaned before the move though......

Back
Top Bottom