safe for fish yet???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Regular
my tank has been setup with live rock., live sand, 2 fish, for about 2 weeks now.

I did a 10% water change yesterday. my ammonia, PH, nitrates, and nitrites are all good.

I was told by someone, not to add fish until my tank starts to grow algae, is this true????

I did not test the water, for the first week because I didn't have the test kit yet, so I cant tell if I had an ammonia spike already.

ANY ADVICE???????????

I would do a slightly larger feeding then usual and test your levels over the next few hours and day, to make sure that it is getting processed correctly. Have some water pre-mixed just in case.

I would do a slightly larger feeding then usual and test your levels over the next few hours and day, to make sure that it is getting processed correctly. Have some water pre-mixed just in case.

ok what do you mean by pre-mixed tho?

Fresh mixed salt water for a water change .. I agree ,, do a bit of a large feed to see that it is broken down if not , continue to cycle...
You do NOT need to wait for algea to start to grow at all ... But I would wait another week then start adding my clean up crew slowly ... HTH :D

The name of the game is to try not to have any algea. No that`s not true what your friend said.

WOW, thanks for the info, that "friend" happens to be a guy from my Local aquarium store. Looks like im not gonna be listening to him anymore..

Don't discount a store because you were given poor advice. Mike is correct we work to avoid algae in our tanks rather than grow it. I would use the store if they have good stock and things you like and need. Get your advice from another source though. Research read and ask questions. That is how we all learned.

The big lesson is to research and not rely on the advice of any lfs and be dependent on them for your tank's welfare.

Stores are good, just gotta know what you need or want, not have to ask.

Back
Top Bottom