Salt Water ID Puzzle for you experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeonJulie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

This isn't a super-urgent request, but I have a wallpaper I've bought with some beautiful salt water fish shown that I'm not familiar with. I was hoping maybe you experts would be able to tell me what the fish were, and if they school at all - I'm cutting them off the background and pasting them on the walls, and I'd rather not paste huge schools of fish, when the actual species doesn't school, etc.

Thank you very much.

d0_1.JPG

The 5th frame out of the picture is a black/white/yellowish striped fish that sort of resembles the shape of FW Angelfish. It kind of looks like it has pointed lips, and has a really long trailing upper fin. I'm sorry I can't give any more clues, but I can scan one in next week if no one bites.

Thank you very much for you help. I promise I'll post pictures when the bathroom's done.

from left to right, passer angel, a damselfish and pakastani butterfly. I think all three will school in sufficient numbers, typically you won't see schooling behavior in a tank cause most tanks aren't big enough. Fish that will kill each other in a tank, will school in the ocean.

reefrunner69 is right. They are the passer angel, beau gregory damsel, and Pakistani butterflyfish. But, I have to disagree. I don't believe any of them school.

The unpictured but described fish is probably either a Heniochus butterflyfish or Moorish Idol.

But, I have to disagree. I don't believe any of them school.

Thanks, I wasn't sure, I based my opinion on the fact that most damsels will school and alot of butterflys will as well, and I know that you can keep multiple pakistanis in a tank together and I assumed in a sufficiently large system with enough of them...they would school.

So I should spread them out around the room, and not really cluster them too closely? Thanks for the responses.

Back
Top Bottom