sand choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsay1718

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone,
I am getting tank setup this week and was looking at the different live sand choices and was wondering what everybody liked? I have an acylic tank so would like something that wont always get stuck in algae cleaner and scrstch my tank. I want light colored LIVE sand. I looked at some on amazon called oolite and bilimi( I think that's what its called). What does everyone use? Preferences? Thanks.

Lindsay

I usually use the caribsea oolite aragonite sand. I love it. It's very fine and my sand sifters love it. A lot of folks tend to knock off the bagged live sand, but I've had great results during cycling and after. I don't think I'd do anything else except mnaybe a color variation.

Do you have issues with it clouding up tank? Or stirring up a lot. I just like the way live sand looks better. The only choices I have is plays and, which I've used before and am not a fan of and a silicate sand which is course grain and I don't like the look of it either. I think the live sand looks natural. Everything else is a bonus.

No I don't have any issues with it clouding the tank. When first added it will cloud up as everything settles. It'll go away in a couple days. Yup I agree. Play sand isn't for me. Too course and ugly imo.

Back
Top Bottom