Save my bubble anemone!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefa77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My anemone was part of an unfortunate accident and is now reaaaally struggling:-( He's floppy but still hanging on to things. The worst sign is on his 'side' he has what looks like two gashes and they're shedding chunks of flesh!

What should I do?!

Protect him from anything that may target him. Make sure your water quality is pristine to give him the best chance of recovering and give him some small pieces of shrimp or silver side a couple of times a week. Also if you have clownfish that host in the anemone I would find a way to separate the clowns from the anemone to give it a chance to recover.

Hey thanks for the advice but sadly my nem has passed over to the big sea in the sky:-( He was a beauty too...ah well time to go shopping methinks!!

Potters Angels? Sorry I'm new to this, my tank isn't even 3 months old!

For what it is worth, your tank was not ready for a nem, and thats not even addressing what your lighting is. Nems need a stable mature tank at least a year old. If they are happy they stay put and do not move. Let your tank mature before trying again or history will repeat itself. good luck

Back
Top Bottom