Saying Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZackReed

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's up everybody? Ok so first off I am a complete newcomer to aquariums, however I have been doing a lot of research over the last couple of weeks ad have found this forum in particular very handy. Today the 10 gallon long marineland biowheel led tank arrived which I ordered from the "two vets petshop website". (Sorry cant remember the name of the site.) I know that a ten gallon tank is restricting as far as what I can stock it with, but just wanted to get my toes wet so to speak and i basically am viewing it as a practice tank. Also I live in a small apartment on the third story and wanted sumthing practical. I am looking for a bit of help with zeroing in on what I'm going to stock it with and also the general set up ie:substrate, plant life etc.

Welcome! This. Is. The. Place!!!

I'm a fancy goldfish girl, and with a 10 G, I think you'll need to speak with the tropical contingent.

Do. Not. Get. Any. Goldie's. 10 is too small. Many will help and offer super good advice.

Good Luck! You'll love it here!
:)

Also...just thought I'd let you know the single most important thing I can tell you is to read up on the Fishless Cycle. I made many newbie mistakes, but be sure to not get excited and jump the gun. If you do it the right way, you won't wind up sad like me because you followed Petsmart's advice.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! I started with that same tank as you-I loved it!! It's a great little kit :)

Thank you Lauren, thank you George. Yes this does seem to be the place, more action then I would expect from an aquarium forum, but considering the amount of excitement I already have built up for the little tank i got and haven't even bought a single thing for it, I can understand the buzz. And to sort of answer your question lauren, yes I have already read up alot on fish less cycling my tank prior to anything else. Also got a pretty good idea of what can work with a tank my size and what can't, whether that be based on the fish's size or temperament. I do have some questions regarding more detail into what I should consider stocking, not sure if I need to start a new thread elsewhere though.

Thank you holly, I went ahead and started a thread in the getting started freshwater section of the forum asking for help in zeroing in on what I should stock my tank with.

You can start a thread in fresh/brackish general or salt water (super ballsy move, but still awesome if this is your first go!) and ask the question. Good for you! Welcome to a seriously gratifying addiction. :)

Back
Top Bottom