Scared to move forward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcidRainFalls

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a new 20 gallon tank with an aqueon filter that holds a medium cartridge. I placed the cartridge in and everything (heater and all) is running. Per pet store advice I added some firm of bacteria starter that claims to make your tank usable ASAP. I'm skeptical and scared to oroceed. Could I take the small filter from my guppy tank and put it behind the big 20 gallon filter? I do t have a liquid test kit. I unfortunately overlooked that when I did my initial shopping, so I can't test the water until I can come up with the money to buy the test kit. Suggestions?

Thanks

-christina

Do you have enough media in your guppy tank to move some without causing a problem in that tank?

Bacteria in a bottle can be hit or miss. Sometimes they work perfect and sometimes they just flat don't. Do you have fish in your 20 gallon yet?

Hey Christina. Just move the 'old' filter over to the 20g or better still, move the 'old' media into the aqueon. Put that API test kit on top of your shopping list!!
I would rather put the money towards a liquid test kit than buying that bacteria starter....

And anyway, yeah, just move some of the guppy tank filter media into the new tank.[/QUOTE]
And the guppies too....

And anyway, yeah, just move some of the guppy tank filter media into the new tank.
And the guppies too....[/QUOTE]

If the OP wants, yes they can do that too. But it's not necessary if you only move a bit of media.

And the guppies too....

If the OP wants, yes they can do that too. But it's not necessary if you only move a bit of media.[/QUOTE]
Christina(OP) only has a small tank for her guppies(different thread), a couple of gallons, if I remember correctly. This is the reason for the larger tank...

Sorry to be absent from thread for so long considering I created it. Large 20 gallon tank water tested great guppies are in their new home and not dead good start. Thank you for all of your help I really appreciate. I'll let you know how many guppies I have tomorrow morning lol.

plants you can move immediately, they are not harmed by am. or nit. actually plants are going to help make better conditions for your fish

Back
Top Bottom