scissortail, Blackfin Dartfish whatever you want to call it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently bought one of these fish ....

here is a link http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSheets/scissortailgoby.htm

According to the bio on this site it says it likes to burrow in the sand and LR?

Well since I have bought mine I have seen him all of maybe 5 minutes and I've had him for about 3 weeks. I thought he had died and then the other night I was feeding the tank and BAM there he was!!! I tried to watch to see where he went to hide but he was gone so quick I couldn't tell!

Does anyone know anything about these fish, because from what I have read all the sites say they spend most of their time Mid-tank and will find a spot to chill at night. NOT MINE, he finds a spot to chill most the time and only comes out to eat .... :( :( :( makes me sad because he is a really beautiful fish!

I have one of those guys, I named him "Edward". He was shy at first, but after a while became my most voracious eater and is often hanging out in the front of the tank. It might just take him some time to get used to his environment. I have found my scissortail to be very peaceful and fun to look at. Mine loves caves and hiding, but he loves to hang out too. Give him some time, he'll come around. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom