sea star?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dorian965

Aquarium Advice Freak
anyone know what type of sea star this is. i think he came in on a piece of rock and coral i bought. just wanted to know if he was a good or bad creature. he has 7 legs and is the size of a dime . fluff?

Looks like an Asterina star. Most are harmless bacteria and algae consumers but you'll want to keep an eye on it just in case.

Yes, but it's supposed to be rare that you will get a coral eater. That's why I said to watch it just in case. Especially around sps corals.

thas all i have and i saw it trying to climb on one of my mushrooms already. im just afraid that it will start multiplying. thanks for your help. :?

Well, if you think it's threatening your corals, by all means get rid of it. Every situation is different and animals don't always go by the book.

my tank went from 10 to about 500 in the space of 3 years. Mine have not harmed any corals and when the lights go off at night they all come out on the rocks and it looks really cool.

Back
Top Bottom