Seaclone Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this any good? I'm looking for a skimmer for my new 85gal setup in the price range of about £100 ($185 U.S?), I was thinking about the RS prizm but after browsing the forums i've changed my opinion on this, has anyone used this Seaclone rated for up to 100gallons ?? any other ones I could look into?
problem is I only have about 4" between the tank and wall. TIA

Seaclone is pretty much your bottom of the line skimmer. Some people have luck and some don't. They sometimes take a long break in period and sometimes don't skim too well unless calibrated a thousand times. In the long run, I'd go with the prizm.

My own personal experience with the seaclone...it will skim a lot right after I add new water but never anything after that. Ill be upgrading to something like the Aqua C Remora soon.

I have a Seaclone 150 on a 29-gal reef and it can barely keep it clean. Don't make the mistake of trying it on an 85-gal. You'll be way happier with a AquaC or similar skimmer.

I had the 150 on my 75 and all it ever did was need adjusted. I replaced it with the aquaC remora pro and that would fit and is around that price.

I keep reading about the Aqua C remora, however I have searched and cannot find it for sale on any UK sites, along with a couple of the other skimmers i have read about.

has anyone had any experiene with these skimmers, I could buy the largest model which is rated up to 330 Uk gallons (according to google this is nearly 400 US gallons), seems better value than other skimmers:

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/bigpics/v2skim.html

Back
Top Bottom