seahorse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
wanting to do a 10g seahorse tank with live rock and sand and a regular hob filter and just a regular light is this possible

If you are talking regular seahorses then I say no it would not be possible but if you are talking dwarf seahorses then you might be able to. Regular seahorses need a tank that`s 15 gallons per seahorse IMO.

I definitely wouldn't those fish are much too fast and competing for food, it would stress the horse out. Those CBS are mean too so I'm not sure what it would attempt to do to the horse

SH`s need to be in a species only tank IMO. As mentioned above the others would outcompete the SH`s for food. JME

Melosu is right. You won't have really any success without a species only tank. A ten gallon wouldn't even cut the proper size. Kudas need 15 gallons per pair, and that's the smallest you'll get with seahorses. Besides dwarf seahorses, but they need complete dedication. They also just aren't compatible with your live stock. Sorry.

Last edited:
It is very possible to maintain a healthy 10g seahorse species tank, because I have one. It currently houses 2 kudas, 2 arrow crabs, 1 hermit crab, live rock, fake and real plants. They are extremely happy and healthy. If you have any questions I can probably help you out. If you want sea horses I say go for it, they are amazing creatures and i love having them. They are needy, but worth it.

Back
Top Bottom