Seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I know I am not ready for a seahorse. AND I AM NOT GETTING ONE ANYTIME SOON. My wife consistently bugs me to get seahorses and eventually will have to give it a try if she persists on begging me to do it. I know they need a dedicated tank and are very sensitive to SG. I also know lots of people do not have good luck usually with them from what I have read. So what is the ideal environment for the seahorse other than the ocean. Can they thrive in a 29g tank? if so how many would be good. I would assume the tank would need RO/DI saltwater and a protein skimmer and just basic lighting. Maybe a planted saltwater tank? What is there diet like. They are fine with corals and invertabrates I assume What is there lifespan. I have not decided on planning this really just curios about if I decided to do it what would need to happen. Melosu58 probably could link some research material since he is the Saltwater library. But has anyone had hands on experience with Seahorses??

sounds very challenging for sure. Definately won't be doing that for a long while. Maybe one day when I take the plunge to a 100gal tank I will turn my 46g reef into a dedicated seahorse tank a few years down the road. Thanks for the links ;)

Back
Top Bottom