Seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ekean45

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 60 gallon tank that should be done cycling soon. I'm planning on adding corals in about a year but thought about also making it a seahorse tank. Can anyone tell me what other types of fish and inverts are compatible with seahorses? Also, what had been your experiences?

I tend to be careful with my seahorse tank because some soft body corals can sting seahorses. In my tank I have a pipefish who loves to play around with him but blennies, peppermint shrimp, feather duster worms, nassarius (hope i spelled it right), cardinal fish, and orange sea star would be some of my recommendations. But be sure to research the species before selection, because even though most blennies are gentle and shy, leopard blennies are very pushy for food and would cut off the seahorses food supplies.

Thanks. From what I'm reading in your diary and the other links, I don't think that is the best choice for me at this point. Maybe in a few years. They are beautiful creatures!

Also with the powerheads and flow rate a reef tank needs i think will be way too strong a current for sea horses,as Mel has said species only tank.

Back
Top Bottom