Sediment formed cloudy atmosphere in tank.. what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone, in my set up I have no prefilter as of yet (set up issue being fixed in a week). But even when I have this set up before, I never had a cloudy tank (white fog type) this bad. Thus far I stuck a giant whisper filter in my fuge and just let it run hoping to catch some of whatever is causing this mess.... any other suggestions?? thanks!

Sorry about the slow reply.

I am a bit confused. Why is the sediment cloudy? Did you just put it in, or was it stirred up? Either way, it will settle on its own without any filtering. It took my new substrate about 3-4 days before it finally settled out.

There is the possibility of a bacterial bloom. Sedimernt will look like lots of individual partilcles in the water, bacterial blooms have a "smoke in the water" type look to them. What is in the tank now?

both :cry: - Its wierd.. first I noticed the tank being a bit cloudy, and then I notice sediment running around in my tnak.. then its cloudy again.... what a wierd tank I have :p

Back
Top Bottom