SeeDemTails 37G Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, whats up every one! I havent posted here in a long time, but I figured I would drop in and show off a little!:cool:

Here are a few pics of how things are going, and the details of the 2 year old tank.

The tank is a 37 gal AGA. I have it on a small marble counter that used to be a window between my kitchen and my living room before we added on to the house.

The tank has 5 power heads in it, 4 rio 200's and a maxijet 1200. I skim the tank with a AquaC Remora with a surface skimmer that I hang on one of the small sides of the tank.

I heat the tank with a azoo 300w titanium heater. It keeps things stable as it is right next to a sliding glass door and that area gets chilly fast when it gets cold out.

For lighting, I have a current usa 2x65 w fixture with TRU bulbs from hello lights...Im not sure how good the bulbs are but they look good and grow my coral well, and Im on my thrid set and no issues. I retro fitted the hood with a 150w 14k phoenix MH that I got from Illuming.com. I threw an extra fan on it as well for obvious reasons. It lights the tank well, despite the center brace that throws a small shadow. The CF lights do a good job of filling it in so it isnt that noticeable on the sand bed, and no corals are under it besides the wellsophylia brain, and I feel it gets enough light.

I do water changes weekly with my own ro/di water and Tropic Marin and have no detectable nitrates or phosphates. I had some algae growth on my powerheads but the tang is knocking it out quickly.

I use ESV B-ionic for my ca/alk which stays between 400-420ppm ca and 2.97-3.1 alk, and test every thing with salifert.

Inhabitants vary, I like to keep a wide variety of corals, and the tank is no where near finished.

Corals-

Zoas and Palys:
Fire and ice
Gorilla nipples
Neon green mouth cotton candys
Radioactive dragon eyes
Eye of rahs
Green bay packers
Sweet pinks
Arctic moons
orange bam bams?(we will see after a couple more weeks under halide)
Mean Greens
Two strains of blue palys
and a couple other types that I dont know the name of.

SPS:
Orange monti cap
Green monti cap
Purple monti cap
Orange monti digi
Hulk monti undata?
(many more montis to come!)
A couple acro frags
mystery coral that I have to get a good pic of, it looks like red velvet, and its encrusting.

LPS and softies:
Wellsophylia brain
2 types of Green star polyps
Encrusting gorgonian
Various mushrooms
Yumas
Devils Hand

Inverts-

Green rock anemone
Flower anemone
More types of dusters than I can count
Green and Red mithrax
Urchins
Cucumber
Blue linkia star
All kinds of other small stars and crustaceans

Fish-

Pair of black clowns
Neon goby
Yellowhead jawfish
Green chromis
Sailfin tang.....

Before someone freaks on me because of the tang, let me explain. I also have recently purchased a 120 gal tank that I plan on setting up in the next 6 months when I move to a new house in the same area. The tang and the clowns will both be going into this tank. For now, the tangs body is the size of a silver dollar and it has plenty of room to swim in the open areas of this tank. I would never purchase a fish I wasnt planning on keeping for the length of its life.

Anyway thats my tank. Thanks for reading my thread!

-Christel Mei

IMG_9397.JPG

IMG_9436.JPG

IMG_9400.JPG

IMG_9401.JPG

IMG_9406.JPG

IMG_9407.JPG

IMG_9408.JPG

Back
Top Bottom