Seeking My Perfect Fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i highly recommend the zebra loach, super active during the day and a great fish to put in a group. and they eat anything, they are one of my favorite fish (i have kept around 50 species in my 4 years in the hobby) they are great

Last edited:
i highly recommend the zebra loach, super active during the day and a great fish to put in a group. and they eat anything, they are one of my favorite fish (i have kept around 50 species in my 4 years in the hobby) they are great

If I can find them I'll probably get those over kuhli's. I just list kuhli's because I know I've seen them at my lfs and I've heard they'll work in my tank lol

I think the turquoise are a beautiful fish. I had 5, down to 2 now in my 55. Gorgeous fish! Here's a pic of one of them, not the best quality, but you get the idea. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460324416.653146.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think the turquoise are a beautiful fish. I had 5, down to 2 now in my 55. Gorgeous fish! Here's a pic of one of them, not the best quality, but you get the idea. View attachment 286098

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a good looking rainbow! Do you have any tips on sexing them? Also, if I end up with more males than females ( I got five so say 4m/1f or 3m/2f) will they stress the females too much?

That's a good looking rainbow! Do you have any tips on sexing them? Also, if I end up with more males than females ( I got five so say 4m/1f or 3m/2f) will they stress the females too much?
I had 4 males and 1 female red irian, 3 males and 2 female turquoise, and 4 male boesemani. The females never seemed harassed, I did provide a lot of cover for them so they can escape if needed.
As far as sexing them, most people use the dorsal fin method. Though not 100% reliable, it's been correct in my experience. Here's a picture I got from Perth Aquarium & Display Centre
Notice the dorsal fins of the male are more pointed when raised than the female's.
Best of luck!

Attachments

• perthaquarium-110--ieseg.jpg
    perthaquarium-110--ieseg.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 29
I had 4 males and 1 female red irian, 3 males and 2 female turquoise, and 4 male boesemani. The females never seemed harassed, I did provide a lot of cover for them so they can escape if needed.
As far as sexing them, most people use the dorsal fin method. Though not 100% reliable, it's been correct in my experience. Here's a picture I got from Perth Aquarium & Display Centre
Notice the dorsal fins of the male are more pointed when raised than the female's.
Best of luck!

Awesome! Thanks Sambo!

Back
Top Bottom