Serious fin rot!!! Emergency!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately, I came back from classes today and found my fish on my desk this afternoon. I quickly put him back in the tank and he swam around for a bit, but when I came back from class tonight he had died :( I have a lid on the tank and Im completely baffled as to how he might have gotten out.

Unfortunately, I came back from classes today and found my fish on my desk this afternoon. I quickly put him back in the tank and he swam around for a bit, but when I came back from class tonight he had died :( I have a lid on the tank and Im completely baffled as to how he might have gotten out.

I'm sorry for your loss. Bettas are good jumpers and can make it out of small openings.

I'm sorry for your loss. Bettas are good jumpers and can make it out of small openings.

Thanks Alyxx. Ha I knew they were good jumpers but I had no idea they could fit through holes tinier than the fish itself!! Live and learn though. I'm going home tomorrow and plugging up every single hole in my other tank no matter how small!

Sorry for your loss so far I've had my Bettas 5 of them about 2 years or more an none have jumped out they only have lids on 3 of the tanks I heard one Kimberly today but didnt see it and whoever it was is still in bowl... I might get Someti g to make as a lid

I'm sorry about your betta. We did all we could.

Alyxx, you're telling me!! I had two veiltail bettas that NEVER tried to jump. Even Dmitri, who tried to fight my ex-boyfriend any time he was within eyeshot. (Yes, the betta was smarter than me) Buddy, he was too much of a coward to jump. He was afraid of his own reflection. I kid you not, I put a nerite in with him and he was afraid of it. Now, Thomas, my current halfmoon doubletail plakat, was in a butter bowl that was half filled with tank water while I did something (probably aroused cory cats again) and all of a sudden I see him leap out of the water and come maybe an inch tops from going over the side of the butter bowl. Needless to say, said non-repeatable words were loudly uttered and the lid was quickly put on the bowl.

Thanks Bettagal for all your advice and help! I really appreciate it.

Sorry for your loss so far I've had my Bettas 5 of them about 2 years or more an none have jumped out they only have lids on 3 of the tanks I heard one Kimberly today but didnt see it and whoever it was is still in bowl... I might get Someti g to make as a lid

I meant to say jump not Kimberly don't know what happens with auto correct there

Back
Top Bottom