Setting a trap??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nels22

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been hearing occasional pop pop pop sometimes, usually only one pop is heard at a time, but there also is two, three, and four as well. I also so some type of crab in a hole in the bottom of the rock pile, and i want to set a trap to catch him, and whatever is popping, hopefully.

How do i go about setting up a trap?

I've read that people use a 2L bottle, cut the top off about a few inches from the top and invert it into the rest of the bottle. Then place some bait inside to lure them in and place the bottle near the entrance. Don't know how well it works though, never had to try it yet. Anyone out there with a success story using this method?

Replying to Heineken: I used this method to catch two stripped demsels who were harasing my cleaner shrimp it took about 15 minutes to catch them both. All you need is a weight, food, string, and a two litter bottle. Cut of the top and place the weight inside if you want a crab use a longer weight so it goes horizoltal not vertical. Place some food in it kinda toward the back and attach the fishing string to a part of the bottle that you can make a hole in "Also make some holes in the bottle so when you pull it up water doesnt go everywhere I suggest making them 5 in. above the bottom to let the crab live" Then once the crab is in give it a swift yank and pull it to the surface. And congradulations your an angler :D

Here is a pic of the trap that EL Diablo described. Helped me catch a Mantis, works great.

Just caught a emerald crab in a 2 liter bottle. No luck with an arrow crab though. Off to the store to purchase a trap.

Back
Top Bottom