Setting up a 29g salt tank. Need help please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 29 I just set up, long story short, I saved an urchin, set up and emergency 10g, bought a used 75g, decided it was too big for the duplex and too much money at the time to get running. So I used an empty 29 gallon I had sitting around and put the supplies from the 10g and the 75g together.

My question is what type of options do I have for stocking?

Also I need lighting help, right now I have the actinic tube light from the 10g and a new led marine land light on it. I eventually want to do some easy corals. What type of light should I get? I want the iconic blue actinic ocean look, but also am on a budget. Honestly I need to stay around the $120-$150 price, the lower the better. Any suggestions? It's a 29in long tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447358179.955467.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447358193.851395.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

very nice start Lexi
have you checked live aquara look under there Nano section this will give you a idea of what type of fish you may like that possibly would work in your tank ,

Hey! Sorry, can't really add too much in terms of helpful SW info but just stopping to say Hello to Pokey and yourself!

Thanks 54seaweed, I will go check it out.

Hi Fresh2O, it's been a while!

^^^ run these myself and I love them! I've had great growth on my Cora an they are adjustable.

Thanks, I ended up getting ocean life high out put dual T5's with ATI bulbs. I got a great deal from a local shop and loved the blue plus color. :) I am thinking about getting a ultra slim led bar, because I really like the shimmer effect LEDs have.

Will the T5s wash out the shimmer effect from the LEDs? Just curious. I have Finnex LEDs over my FW tanks and I don't see shimmer. Possibly because of the number and arrangement of the diodes. I have a 26W CFL on a smaller tank and I do see some shimmer.

I'm not sure, that's a good possibility. I guess I'll find out, if I find a led bar that fits the size I need.

Back
Top Bottom