Setting Up Digital Timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
I hate to do this and post in the wrong forum, but I'd like to get things squared away on my timer and there don't seem to be enough visitors in the hardware forum.

http://www.petco.com/product/102655/ESU-Aqualight-Digital-Power-Center.aspx

I read the instructions, but I am confused. Does anyone have one of these that can explain it to me? Based on what fiddling I have done with the thing. I think that I am only setting day timers and that everything else is night. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

yellow outlets are day, those are the ones you set

blue outlets are on when yellow is off

uncoloured outlets are always on

this is a great timer, allowing for different on/off times for different days. i've got two, an they've been fantastic. my only beef with them is that when they get turned off, you lose all your times. a battery backup would be nice

I have one too, although I don't have the digital one....nice thing about that is it doesn't lose times when the power goes off....

supermazz has is right, but just to reiterate....I have one on my SW tank. The 2 powerheads, heater and skimmer are on the white plugs, and run all the time. The actinics and canopy fan are in the yellow plug, and the lunar lights in the blue plug. So during the day, the actinics and fan are on, at night, those turn off and the lunars come on. (I have my daylight bulbs on another timer so that they come on after and turn off before the actinics.)

supermazz9 said:
my only beef with them is that when they get turned off, you lose all your times. a battery backup would be nice

They must have upgraded them. There is a tiny battery in them. I put it in and the unit timer was on, and then I plugged it into the socket.

Back
Top Bottom