Setting up fluval 125 tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppygirl87

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just been setting up my new tank. It's a fluval 125 and I am concerned about the lighting protection. My 48l tank has a plastic casing around the lights and came with a drip tray. This has neither, so the lights are just hovering over the water. Is this safe?

Attachments

• image-885645371.jpg
    image-885645371.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 107
Can you get a picture or provide the make and model #?

HN1 said:

I will get one to you watch this space. It is a fluval 125. But I will get a pic in a sec too.

HN1 said:

Photo up, there is another light on the other side too. The water is filled to maximum fill line and I'm guessing there's about an inch space between the lights an water. But I'm thinking if the fish splash it may cause a problem.

It looks like the ends are well covered. Splashes on the bulbs aren't good, but shouldn't present a safety risk. I can't really see the fixture type so I'm going only from the pic.

I have a fluval visenca it has the exact same fitting I took it all off and replaced it with a over the tank light system so much better but the light fixture that you have is absolutely fine else it wouldn't come with it

richpowell1989 said:
I have a fluval visenca it has the exact same fitting I took it all off and replaced it with a over the tank light system so much better but the light fixture that you have is absolutely fine else it wouldn't come with it

Can you send me a link to the fitting you bought for it. How is it different?

Guppygirl87 said:
Can you send me a link to the fitting you bought for it. How is it different?

Well my tank is a 180 litre so it might no fit but I got a hagen glo light beam on that one

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom