Setting up my first (shrimp) tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rrrob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I'm new at the forum - have been reading a lot, thanks a lot for all the information!

I'm currently planning my first steps in the aquarium world. I plan to start with a shrimp tank. If I like the hobby, I would (eventually) want to make a larger display tank.

First goal: breed shrimps, with some low-light plants (moss, HC(?)).

I want to build my own kit, instead of a starter kit. I am currently thinking about the following:
- 60x30x40cm glass aquarium
- Aquaclear 20 HOB filter
- Eheim Jager 100w heater
- Api Master test kit
- JBL Aqua cleaner

Two main questions:
- does this combination make sense? I think I followed the guides and advice correctly, but it can never hurt to double check
- what kind of LED lighting system would you advise me? Affordable yet usable if I want to try some (beginner) aquascaping with HC fields etc

Thank you very much in advance!
Best,
Rob

I would use a sponge filter instead, don't want any baby shrimplets to get sucked up.

As for light, I can't really answer that cause my experience lays with the more salty side
But other then that, it sounds good

I would use a sponge filter instead, don't want any baby shrimplets to get sucked up.

Thanks! Do you mean that I should add a sponge over the inlet, or are there specific sponge HOB filters?

Either or, there are special sponge filter, basically a pump that pumps water through a sponge, but the sponge cover intake would work also

Back
Top Bottom