Setting up my first tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewFishInABigTank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Some time ago I was given a 75 gallon glass tank. It's in very good shape. I've already tested it for leaks and it passed with flying colors. Although it has no leaks there are visible algae deposits... I'm guessing that's what it is. Whatever the case I have decided to reseal the tank because it is unsightly.

After some time waying the pros and cons of a freshwater vs. saltwater system I've decided to go with the latter. Further narrowed down I've decided on a FOWLR system.

Now on to filtration, I've been reading a lot about canister filters vs. sump systems, or maybe a combination of the two. I'm trying not to be an impulse buyer dying to get this tank started. I want to do this right since I'm planning on investing a significant amount of time and money on this new hobby. I want my tank to be "low profile" as it will be placed in my bedroom. I'm looking for any available help it would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom