Sexing gardneri killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lake_tuna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought 2 gardneri killifish thinking that I got a pair of a male and a female. I'm looking at photos of them on the Internet, and I'm not sure if I have a female here. The LFS had 4 of these fish, and I picked the most colorful and the least colorful ones. Here are the pictures. What do you guys think? Females in the pictures I see are awfully pale-colored.

One other thing: I have a pair of clown killifish, who are very peaceful, in my community tank. Does anyone know if all of these killifish are all safe in there?

Definitely a male:

Is this a female?

Looking at the yellow on the dorsal fin and the red/yellow on the tail section i believe you have two males...the females are usually a dull brown.

Looking at the yellow on the dorsal fin and the red/yellow on the tail section i believe you have two males...the females are usually a dull brown.

Yeah.. I just came back from returning the second one pictured. I hope to get a female in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom