sexy anemome shrimp, and other new tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adonahue052

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm getting two for my 14 gallon nano cube along with a cleaner shrimp, a purple firefish, a green brown stripped goby. I already have a green emerald crab, 5 leg hermits, and 4 red leg hermits. There is about 5 pounds of live sand, 2 pounds of tufa rock, and 11 pounds of live rock(half is from fiji). all levels in the tank are perfect...ph nitrites nitrates amonia sg are all at perfect levels before first water change tomorrow. how does it all sound?

Sounds good but I would lessen the fish load right off the bat. That much bioload will peak ammonia. Im new to the hobby, but I found with even two small clowns, at a half inch each spiked my ammonia levels. Best to take it slow. :)

Well thet must have been pretty weak fish because 1 inch load of fish from 4 weeks of cycling seems about right. i have been going to the same fish dealer for about 8 years and i trust his judgment. i don't buy from large wholesale distributors, the fish they breed are for money not for hobbyists in my opinion. besides the bio cube set up i have seems to be running perfect and has great reviews from all overall. i am still wondering about the sexy anenome shrimp though, anyone have experience with them???

Got any snails in the tank? Did ur hermits eat em all? I'd say the additions u mentioned would b alright in the 14. I once had a couple fish, a Cleaner, crabs, snails and corals in mine. Then I realized after a while that it looked a little cramped. I ended up taking a fish and the Cleaner back for some credit. Things in my 14 seem calmer these days

the snail wouldn't move along the love rock, and actually died. The largest red hermit seems to keep to himself, and i haven't had any trouble since the first two fought and died. i don't have any snails yet because there wasn't enough algae in the tank to feed them besides from what i was told it isn't good to have snails while cycling. i'm getting all the rest of the inverts and fish today, i'll post a picture of the tank later today.

Your levels are perfect and you havent done a water change? How is that possible. If you just finished cycling, your nitrAtes should be high.

i've done one water change and only the amonia levels were at low to moderate levels. it is possible...

and I added my cleaner shrimp, and green and brown goby(the purple firefish and sexy anenome shrimp come on wednesday...the new added animals are functioning perfectly

Back
Top Bottom