Shed's 650 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shedd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had many tanks before but want something harder. I have a 650 gal saltwater tank and I was wondering what to put in it

I have had many tanks before but want something harder. I have a 650 gal saltwater tank and I was wondering what to put in it
I am fine with hard fish
And fish with special feeding
And aggressive tank

650gallons?! Am I hearing you right?! That's huge! And exciting. And I'm a teeny tiny bit jealous.

Anyway, have you kept triggerfish/puffers/eels previously?Those aren't really a challenge but fun, and intriguing to feed. Any type of butterfly fish (ornate, threadfin, raccoon, copperband etc) could be considered difficult unless you entice them to eat.

Filefish are also interesting additions :p as well as boxfish, large angelfish and harlequin tuskfish. Those are just ones that I like anyway. If you're looking for the mother of all challenges, then a moorish idol would be your answer.
I don't really recommend that though, because moorish idol mortality rates in captivity are depressingly high. Anyway, that's just my opinion :)

I have Kept a moorish idol in my 275 gal for 8 years. Im really good at hard stuff.

If you've mastered the moorish idol, I'm afraid the next hardest task for you would be marine fish breeding :)

I have to ask - pictures? Sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

650 gallons, wow. I cant wait to see some pics. Super jealous.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom