Shfifty five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggheadfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have threads on all my other tanks, but not my first one so I figured why not. Just some pics. Stocking is a little weird right now I have some odds and ends: 2 silver dollars, 3 rasbora vulcanus (getting some nice coloring finally), 7 gold pristella tetras, 5 red phantom tetras (babies), 1 black phantom tetra, 1 hi fin lyretail, 2 rabauti cories, 2 metae cories, 1 panda cory, 5 trilineatus cories, a farlowella, and 14+? bronze cory fry.

Oh eggie I just love your silver dollars.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Those trilineus are so much bigger than mine!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Will different varieties of cory hang together? I have three julii and wanted to have another few, but wanted some variety...

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

They're all named king Curtis. Cause they're fat and happy. Haha.
I love my SDs too but I get worried about them. They're old folks and I can tell. They're the originals with the tank. All the other fish are ones I put in. I really wish I could give them more space the beasts.

Hey Dee, I bet they're trilineatus too not julii, they're commonly mislabeled. Typically it's best to keep cories in species groups of like 6+. It's not like less numbers are the most horrible thing on earth but totally different behavior...they're much happier with buddies of their own kind. I've been desperately trying to increase my group numbers to no avail.

Will different varieties of cory hang together? I have three julii and wanted to have another few, but wanted some variety...

? Diana Lee ?

36g Rescape in Progress!

They may intermingle, most of the time they keep to their own.. i have 5 trilin with 5 habrosus and they'll garage together but when it's time to chill mo rest mode they'll go to different areas.

Yeah these guys flit around in the same spaces but the pairs never stray far from one another and the trils are their own gang. The fry could seem to care less but with aenus that's typically been my experience they chill everywhere.
I wish someone had told me how my farlowellas poop! Gah! I've heard pleco stories but this little dude is fouling up the tank big time.

PS Brookster...if you think my trils are big...my metae are twice the size. I'll try to get a pic together

Hey Dee, I bet they're trilineatus too not julii, they're commonly mislabeled. Typically it's best to keep cories in species groups of like 6+. It's not like less numbers are the most horrible thing on earth but totally different behavior...they're much happier with buddies of their own kind. I've been desperately trying to increase my group numbers to no avail.

I was lucky enough to find one little lonely cory to add to the flock! But I've been looking for a while. Got my group to 4! And I definitely want these guys to be happy, lol.

? Diana Lee ?

36g Rescape in Progress!

I added three more trilineatus today. And I dropped one on the floor tryin to get it in the tank. That's a first for me. What an awful experience :(

I added three more trilineatus today. And I dropped one on the floor tryin to get it in the tank. That's a first for me. What an awful experience :(

That sounds oddly familiar to another AA member's acclimation technique. Hope it is okay.
Can't believe I missed this thread. What an eclectic group. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That sounds oddly familiar to another AA member's acclimation technique. Hope it is okay.
Can't believe I missed this thread. What an eclectic group. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ohhhh the sorrows of flopping a full bag of promising tank creatures:( feel your pain steph..

Well it's my own fault. I was out of square containers so I'm like hey a bowl is fine. Not fine for trying to net fish. He would not go in the net and flipped right off the edge. Hope he hangs on.

I've done that before. I hope your cory pulls through.

Those silver dollars look so sick! Glad to finally see the one that started it all.

Thanks icy!
This tank was a gift...clearly a very dangerous one haha. There's a lot I would like to do with it but it works for now

Well the three blokes made it through the night so looking ok for now.

Some more pics. Getting ready to offload the bronze cories I bred. Can't get another spawn from my trils or rabauti and it's making me mad.

Back
Top Bottom