shipping help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
im trying really hard to help out someone who wants the auratus fry i no longer want. but i cant find an easy shipping service or get quotes or reccomendations etc...
so. its from norwich, england. to wheeling, west virginia. how much is shipping, what sites or shipping services to use, what size box? 3 bags worth probably.
please help, i want them to go to a good home xxx

I think it depends on the weight of the package and what service you use. Being from the US I'm not familiar with the services listed and the prices were in British Pounds so I'd need a conversion, but it'll tell you on the page what the different costs are.

say the package was 1kg. went from norwich to west virginia. im trying to find out as we speak, but any help would be extremely appreciated! please everyone xxxx

Be careful and read up on US customs & import of live fish. You may also want to google US Dept of Fish & Wildlife and contact them for further information. There are strict quarantine rules & regulations especially in respect to certain species of fish. I do know some people that attempted to have goldfish shipped to them (here in US) and they were seized & destroyed.

Customs valuation is typically the price paid/payable for the item to be imported. I dont know what the value of your fish would be. I would be more concerned with the legal ramifications of attempting to export/import live fish.

Best bet would be to find a transhipper in the US who already knows the customs requirements, but IMO auratus fry wouldn't be worth the cost of international shipping. Weather/temperature is also a consideration, not to mention packing the fish for an extended transit time. Breather bags would be advisable.

Unless you're paying for shipping (and whatever other fees come with that with customs and what not), you're not going to be helping them out at all. It would be better for them to find somebody local.

im sorry mrc8858, this doesnt seem possible withuot some sort of euthanizing of the fish in the customs check. im so so sorry, keep trying with lfs or online? severum mama is supposedly great woth her store, ask her? im sorry xxxxx

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
im sorry mrc8858, this doesnt seem possible withuot some sort of euthanizing of the fish in the customs check. im so so sorry, keep trying with lfs or online? severum mama is supposedly great woth her store, ask her? im sorry xxxxx

No problem I appreciate the effort but ill keep looking I hope u find them a good home

Back
Top Bottom