Short video of newest addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it is a Betta & thanks for the comments. He spends most of his time being stealthy & hiding. I redid some rock work this afternoon opening up a few more spots that made his ability to slip from the back to the front a little smoother. The Harlequin Basslet in the end of the video is actually my favorite fish in my tank.

Very nice beta. I have one in mine as well. Love him. Had mine for a few weeks was very shy at first but now will come out when he sees me knowing I put food in. Mine is still on live food have only been able to get him to eat frozen a few times. But I got a little 10g set up and put throw 4 ghost shrimp in the main tank every 2-3 days for him.

I would go the live feed route if the Basslet wasn't so aggressive towards everything. I can not put a shrimp in my tank at all without it turning into a very quick easy snack for "the bass". 2 large cleaners and a few PM shrimp to date. I'm trying to feed the comet Krill while i distract the rest of the tank with a thawed myisis cube.

Good luck with it. A lot cheaper if u can get him to eat krill. I go throw 24 ghost shrimp a week. Lol. But my Lfs sells the for $2.50 for 12. So jot to bad. Lol

Sleeperr34 said:
Good luck with it. A lot cheaper if u can get him to eat krill. I go throw 24 ghost shrimp a week. Lol. But my Lfs sells the for $2.50 for 12. So jot to bad. Lol

You should try and breed them! Much easier on the wallet

Hmmm. I might fix up my 10g a little bit. Maybe a couple snails in there to keep it clean. And plants and we will see what happens. Lol. Here is a pic of my beta.

Attachments

• image-25678132.jpg
    image-25678132.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 75
  • image-76794461.jpg
    image-76794461.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 70
Thank you for the complements. I'm still having a tough time with feeding due to the basset, I spent hours trying to catch him with no success. Really bugged me that I could catch him,I moved all sorts of rock work around & disturbed all my corals and ultimately couldn't get my aqua-scape back the way I liked it. I'm thinking about making a trap to catch him, OR I have some hooks small enough to catch him. lol

Back
Top Bottom