Should I be concerned?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theafishtank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my sorority females has started acting weird. I added them all to the display tank a few days ago. After they were in quarantine for 30 days and have gone through treatment for bacterial and Parasite infections, One of them came down with dropsy a week after I'd had them. So that's why I did the treatment, they did not have any parasites to my knowledge.

After watching them in the all acting pretty normal for 3 weeks without medication. I've added them To my display tank. The one that I'm concerned about has always just been a little weird. Little weird. Not sick but she would just kind of act a little strange. I kind of just assume that she has some genetic issues, and that she's not the strongest fish. It was likely that the problems I'm seeing now are just due to her not being the healthiest beginning with.

Basically she's hanging out at the top of the water a lot, her fins are clamped and she's kind of lethargic. She also doesn't sit straight-up-and-down in the water she's often drooping a little bit. She is still eating and flaring. It's worrying me that she's hanging out at the top of the tank so much. After sitting in front of my tank while writing this I have noticed another fish starting to act weird. Another one of the bettas.

I recently had to start my tank completely over after a bad bacterial infection killed all of my fish from a new batch of sorority females. They weren't from the same place as these girls are, but I'm scared shitless.

It's a 55 gallon with about 30 fish in it including the girls. I feed them every other day , bug bite Beta pellets and also imaginarium Tropical fish pellets. All of the fish are pretty small. Tank is going through a bacterial Bloom, which was pretty normal because the tank is about 3 months old and I just added 5 new fish.

Should I be worried about this? If so what kind of treatment should I do? Any advice helps thanks

Back
Top Bottom