Should I get a Blue Ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soupy97

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was originally planning on getting bolivian rams because I thought that it's recommended water temperature was much closer with those of my other fish. Now Im reading that blue rams are fine in 76-78 degree water, like my tank. I would much rather the blue rams, but Im not sure if they would be fine in this temperature.

Could someone clarify this for me?

Thanks

To be fair, that german blue ram is a very poor looking specimen and the bolivians are some of the best I've ever seen. I find it very uncommon to see a good looking bolivian ram around here. That said, I will still consider the bolivian, I just want to know if I could have a GBR

Alright fine i'll get a bolivian ram haha. Is liveaquaria a good site to order my fish from? The stores around here are all chains with poorly kept fish

To be fair, that german blue ram is a very poor looking specimen and the bolivians are some of the best I've ever seen. I find it very uncommon to see a good looking bolivian ram around here. That said, I will still consider the bolivian, I just want to know if I could have a GBR

For whatever reason my phone screwed that all up. The Bolivian is on the left and the German on the right. Lol

Alright fine i'll get a bolivian ram haha. Is liveaquaria a good site to order my fish from? The stores around here are all chains with poorly kept fish

Please see my newest post. Mixed it up a lil. Dang phone app!!!! Lol.

Get Bolivians. IMO they are less finicky and actually have a lot more character/more willing to greet you. They are like dogs. GBRs seem more like cats :) Maybe it's just mine but the have great colour and I personally prefer their more subtle colour.

just to answer your question. Yes, a GBR can live at those temp without any problems. Breeding requires temps at 80f. I also believe GBR are much hardier than common thinking. The pair in the above picture are GB sail fin rams. which are a hybrid

one of my breeding pairs
67720-albums10791-picture51795.jpg

Back
Top Bottom