Should I trade in my 'up to fourth gallon air pump' for a 20 gallon air pump for my 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtney1626

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right on the beach of Eastern NC! Well twenty minu
Should I trade in my 'up to fourth gallon air pump' for a 20 gallon air pump ...

I have two large decorations both of which have the air hose plug and make pretty bubbles but I don't want it to make swimming to hard for my fish :( I have one on each side and there's just no where real calm and relaxing in the tank for them to just chill, there's just so much bubbles! Lol should I switch to a lower powered air pump? I have 3 bettas, 2 Molly's, one violet goby, 1 Cory fish, and 2 african drawf frogs... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393623702.843052.jpg

The answer is yes. What type of valves are you using for the different airlines? I would use a gang valve to turn the decorations way down so they belch bubbles or barely function. All that stuff looks neat, but just think about your house with a 40-50 mph wind all the time. Not too appealing right?

Back
Top Bottom