Should these fish be together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JarJarFishies

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone first post here.

I wanna get a new take that either 20 or 29 gallons, but I wanna make sure these fish are ok together.

I want:
3x Olive Nerite Snails
3x Red Cherry Shrimps
10x Neon Tetras
8x Hatchet Fish
6x Black Skirt Tetras
2x Honey Gouramis

I found the website called AqAdvisor and it says everything here looks fine but I wanted to double check with an expeirend community.

I know in a 20 gallon this would be stretching it but in a 29 would this be fine? Thanks.

Link to my exact AqAdvisor calculation: https://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php...AqSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple

First, I would definitely go with the 29, it’s always best to go bigger, especially when you want to put that many fish. Secondly, you’re gonna want a lot of live plants to assist with the bioload there. Finally, concerning the compatibility of the fish you have there, I have a couple of concerns. The first deals with the honey gouramis. Sometimes when putting two gouramis in the same tank, they can get very aggressive and kill each other. That’s not all species or all fish, but it’s something to consider. One on the other hand one would be no problem. As far as the cherry shrimp are concerned, you’ll also want to be careful as cherry shrimp are small and many fish like to attack or eat anything that can fit in their mouths. I’m specifically concerned about the gouramis on this one but the hatchets and black skirts could be of concern as well. If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Some fish are from south america, other from asia....study about the fish habitats and paramaters, seasons and lifestyle before adding them.

Back
Top Bottom