Possible Badis tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeepGuy91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just thinking ahead when Ill move cross country forcing me to give away my current fish :( So I was thinking maybe some sort of badis tank and with the help of aqadvisor I have some fish laid out but its saying I can keep 81 fish in my tank with no problem haha so im not sure how accurate it really is! ill try posting the link for it

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

But I think it could be a nice quiet community tank, the opposite of my current semi-aggressive one. Just wanting some thought on it. Thanks!

While the tank may not be overstocked from a biological point of view, it's definitely over stocked space and territory wise.

Firstly the badis are almost all imported as males, and they are pretty territorial. So at most I'd do 10-12 males. Of one species, don't mix them.

Also they are a pain to feed, as you have to place the food in front of them or they won't eat it or defend it. So I wouldn't place them in a big tank...

Back
Top Bottom