Show off your shrimp tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bunch moss in and around the cholla, the shrimp really seem to like it.

Slavo, where did you get your shrimp?! Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you! I bought them at the LFS near my office (this was an office tank).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice ??

How much were they per shrimp?

Some AA folks sell shrimp. I bought all of mine online. I have cherries, red rili, blue rili, oranges, and yellows. A bit of a shrimp addict :hide:

I've seen people sell them on here but they are very low quality usually...

Not bad! I got AA grade rcs on theshrimpfarm.com they were like $27 for 10 with $8 of shipping! They look about this quality maybe a tiny bit higher

Not bad! I got AA grade rcs

I'm not sure what grade mind were, but I'd guess they were up there. I wish I had better luck with them, then again it was my first shrimp tank. But I learned a few "what not to do's" with shrimp. I hope to do better the next time around.

I still can't get mine to breed.. Had them for like 3 months :(

Not bad! I got AA grade rcs on theshrimpfarm.com they were like $27 for 10 with $8 of shipping! They look about this quality maybe a tiny bit higher

I've perused that site a few times, nice selection. I'll consider it when it comes time to get shrimp again, which will hopefully be soon.

Really :( maybe try an additive, I know Borneo Wild and Mosura have a few additives that promote molting and breeding. Might be worth a shot. I think I'll be using them when I get my shrimp.

They have amazing shrimp and excellent service! Highly recommend them! Thinking of starting a new shrimp tank with tigers and blue velvets!

Some AA folks sell shrimp. I bought all of mine online. I have cherries, red rili, blue rili, oranges, and yellows. A bit of a shrimp addict :hide:

I'm curious. Other than shrimpusa.com, where else have you purchased your shrimp? What sites would you recommend?

They have amazing shrimp and excellent service! Highly recommend them! Thinking of starting a new shrimp tank with tigers and blue velvets!

Nice! I saw some Tangerine Tigers on shrimpusa.com and I'm planning on setting up my 2.1 cube again, just for them :), they're gorgeous!

Nice! I saw some Tangerine Tigers on shrimpusa.com and I'm planning on setting up my 2.1 cube again, just for them :), they're gorgeous!

I wanted the tangerine tigers too but they are out of stock :/ I think they haven't had them for a while, maybe you can email them and see when they will be in stock!

I've gotten nice red rili, oranges and yellows from Bob's Tropical Plants. His reds are hit or miss for quality.

I'm getting some more oranges and carbon rili from Shrimpusa.

I've ordered from CFL Aquatics.

Got some nice reds on eBay.

How many do you have?

I have shrimp in 5 different tanks. My most successful tank in regards to breeding is a 1.5g with cherries. The original shrimp were purchased from two different sources. I run a sponge filter on the tank; no heater. If you look here you can see the current lighting for the tank.

In my experience I've found that shrimp like moss, floating plants, and cholla wood. I also supplement with small bits of IAL and alder cones. I alternate days of feeding and partial water changes.

If I drop an algae wafer or bottom feeder pellet in the tank they come out, and there are a lot of them!

I had 20 I think I'm down to around 7.. I've got them in a 5 gallon fluval spec that's heated around 76 degrees F.

Back
Top Bottom