Show off Your South/Central American Aquariums here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'd love to see everybody else's South/Central American tanks! Post pics, Videos and talk about your tank too! :D

46 bowfront, F1 Krobia xinguensis and some flame tetras for dithers. I believe we have a trio, but no spawns yet. Looking forward to getting a real camera. :D
20140217_185142.jpg

Wow I love that natural look! How long has that tank been running?

I'd say probably 4.5 years. It's had several different stock lists. We grew these fish out in a 29 gallon and transferred them into this tank about 6 months ago, I think. We have a stupid amount of tanks (lol) so sometimes details are hazy.

Lol good to know! My tank has been running for about a little under a year with 2 Oscars and I have seen no algae growth at all. I like the look of algae just as long as its not too much. I think it gives the tank more of a natural feel to it.

It's a pretty rare occasion that I scrape the glass, but I did (albeit, poorly) just for this thread. :p

If you ever see this species and you have room to house them, they are so worth picking up.

I'll post some of mine later, don't have many on my phone. Nice Krobia! I have one in my 75, they just grow so slowly! Mine finally is starting to show some nice orange

I'll post some of mine later, don't have many on my phone. Nice Krobia! I have one in my 75, they just grow so slowly! Mine finally is starting to show some nice orange
I don't often see other folks who have these. We were fortunate enough to buy a bag of 4 at a club auction. 3 of them survived to what I assume is maturity... the presumed females are about 2.5" and the presumed male is 3"+. Their colors and overall "bulk" are much different. I believe we got them last March, I would definitely agree that they are slow growers.

Well, I'm thinking of getting a 29 gallon. Would that be enough room?
No, our presumed male can get rougher than expected with the presumed females. It would be ok for a growout tank, but you would need a larger tank for a group of mature fish. Our 46 bowfront is a 3' tank and I would consider that sort of a minimum just based on our experience with them so far.

I bought 6, one died during shipping and the ammonia poisoned the entire bag. My remaining guy then proceeded to kill off the other 2 *facepalm*. I'm pretty sure it's a male, based on the early onset of the orange. It's in a 75, that I need to go do major work on (at my dad's house and the snow/my work has made it difficult to get over there to do maintainence. I'll snap pics of him soon)

Here are pics from my set up. Sorry I don't have a pic of the whole tank.

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 135
  • JAG012414.jpg
    JAG012414.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 137
Well its not working for me today for some reason sorry.

Back
Top Bottom