Show yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have three tats. One is over a foot long. I can cover it up to look professional. However I can't cover up the tat on my neck unless my hair is down. Tattoos are fine as long as they have meaning to you. Don't just get one because you think it's cool. For example- I know someone on this thread that needs to get a tattoo of a fox face. Lol.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Tatoos arent bad when you are younger, but when you are 80 years old with a faded, wrinkley skull on your arm thats when you regret it. Lol just my opinion

Well when you're old, THAT'S when I think you should cover up. Like the other day my mom shows me a picture of an old lady with a tramp stamp and says "see that's why you shouldn't get tattoos" to which I replied "no, that's why old ladies shouldn't wear bikinis" lol

Hey old ladies shouldnt wear bikinis regardless! Lol and ya thats true, but when im an 80 year old i wanna show off my body and not have to worry about that huge tatoo on my back! Lol jk. :)

Who needs a foxface tatoo??? Personally i would prefer a chalk bass! Haha jk

Lol well I feel like it doesn't matter what it looks like when you're old because, hey, your old. Cover up anyways.
That sounds mean but I just don't know how to say it lol. I guess what I mean is its a lot less inconvenient for old people to wear long sleeves and stuff cuz most of em do anyways.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Tatoos arent bad when you are younger, but when you are 80 years old with a faded, wrinkley skull on your arm thats when you regret it. Lol just my opinion

Ok I have to disagree about this statement, I worked in a nursing home when I was 18 and there was this man who was 86 and had tattoos in his arms. He proudly showed them along with multiple scars that covered his arms. One day I asked mutt (thats what his nickname was) his story, he told me that he was in the navy during WWII and his boat was blown up by enemy ships. Half of his crew were still in the ship as it was sinking and him and a few others had to dive into the water to get the others out of the boat, which is where the scars came in from the shrapnel and getting cut up from the metal on the boat. Some lived and some died but all the boys had gotten the same tattoo afterwards to honor the fallen ones. For that reason it wouldn't matter if I was 24 or 98 my tattoos are on my body for a reason and I may not have a honorable story like mutt had but each and every one of them represents a story in my life

butterfly_koi said:
Ok I have to disagree about this statement, I worked in a nursing home when I was 18 and there was this man who was 86 and had tattoos in his arms. He proudly showed them along with multiple scars that covered his arms. One day I asked mutt (thats what his nickname was) his story, he told me that he was in the navy during WWII and his boat was blown up by enemy ships. Half of his crew were still in the ship as it was sinking and him and a few others had to dive into the water to get the others out of the boat, which is where the scars came in from the shrapnel and getting cut up from the metal on the boat. Some lived and some died but all the boys had gotten the same tattoo afterwards to honor the fallen ones. For that reason it wouldn't matter if I was 24 or 98 my tattoos are on my body for a reason and I may not have a honorable story like mutt had but each and every one of them represents a story in my life

Very well said!

Anyone who isn't 80 and attempts to say how 80 year-old individuals feel about their personal tattoos is straying towards the realm of delusional. Contrary to popular belief, opinions can certainly be wrong - especially when you think you know one that isn't yours.

Don't like tattoos? Don't get one. End of story.

butterfly_koi said:

Yes i agree that is very well said, but you are of the point in my opinion. I was saying that when you are 25 and get a tatoo of a flower, poney, or skull because its "cool" you will later hate it when you are 80, or even 40 for that matter.

If it has significance then i see no problem with it. Say you won the US open and got a tatoo to remember that moment, or were in the navy and saved a man, or even if it resembles someting you love like your countries flag there is no problem with it in my opinion.

I'm in the middle, and my sisters ok'd posting this picture. Taken on vacation at Panama City Beach, Fl.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120618_175232.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120618_175232.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 94
This is me at my aunts wedding a few years back I look the same...... Just older at 29 and covered in tattoos and a few pounds lol. Going through this thread I feel ancient.

Attachments

• image-780054567.jpg
    image-780054567.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 201
I love seeing all you younger people into the hobby! I started when I was 8, and I never looked back. The only time I didn't have at least one tank running was when I was living in a dorm for the last two years of high school and the first year of college.

Back
Top Bottom