Shrimp gone PSYCHO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilbetta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my usually very in active shrim at least inactive during daytime has just gone from his usual demeanor to a shrimp that is off his rocker... ok im fighting ich and i just put in new heater and did a water change during the waterchange i added some salt to fight the ich... now my shrimp is running all over the place running on the walls running up logs features and the one plant i left in there... is he trying to get to the surface for air or something?? help plz

Shrimp tend to have much more noticeable reactions to changes in water temperature or water quality - so if the water you changed was even a degree warmer or cooler (even without salt) - he'd probably still go insane. I have 3 Amano Shrimp that do the exact same thing every time I do a water change. It doesn't appear to cause any harm, they just seem to find it fun to go swimming when the water changes.

my usually very in active shrim at least inactive during daytime has just gone from his usual demeanor to a shrimp that is off his rocker... ok im fighting ich and i just put in new heater and did a water change during the waterchange i added some salt to fight the ich... now my shrimp is running all over the place running on the walls running up logs features and the one plant i left in there... is he trying to get to the surface for air or something?? help plz

Sounds about right ... A couple of weeks ago, the ghost shrimp in my son's 10gal went nuts while I was raising the water temp to treat ich.

Back
Top Bottom