Shrimp id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know..that pattern is not like the Camel back. I'm not convinced. I can't seem to find a match however. How big is it? Can you get a better shot of the front claws?

I don't know..that pattern is not like the Camel back. I'm not convinced. I can't seem to find a match however. How big is it? Can you get a better shot of the front claws?

Yeah it doesn't really look like the camel shrimp pics I've found. it's about an inch. I'll try to get a better pic when I get home

It could be a juvenile camel back. Never saw them young, so I'm not sure if the patterns change as they mature.

Took the picture to my lfs that's been around for like 30 years and the owner said he has never seen a shrimp like it before

I'm jealous. That is if it ends up being reef safe. I love shrimp and an unidentified one is even cooler.

It's very close to the camel back, besides the pattern. I would think the odds of a similar disposition are pretty good. What have you observed thus far? What do you see it eating?

So far I have only seen it grazing on the rocks and only out at night usually found a nice cave and hides in there

It's very close to the camel back, besides the pattern. I would think the odds of a similar disposition are pretty good. What have you observed thus far? What do you see it eating?

Ok so I am going to say it is a camel back just saw it for the first time in a few days and it's lines have started to connect more to the point were I feel positive calling it a camel back so in the sump it shall stay

Back
Top Bottom