Shrimp in 1.5 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laird-and-Dad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys! I have a 1.5 gal that I used for a hospital tank when one of my fish got sick and it was the only thing I could get on that short notice. I know nothing about shrimp, but I was thinking about maybe using the 1.5 for shrimp. Would that work?

Also, can anyone point me in the right direction for getting started with shrimp? I think I'm gonna do a low tech planted.

Also, what shrimp type would you recommend for beginners?

Thanks!

A 1.5g is fine, I've actually done smaller. Start with any of the Neocaridina varieties: cherry, orange, yellow, rili, blue, etc.

I have cholla wood, indian almond leaves and alder cones in all my shrimp tanks. They seem to appreciate mosses as well as floating plants. I only feed my shrimp every other day.

A 1.5g is fine, I've actually done smaller. Start with any of the Neocaridina varieties: cherry, orange, yellow, rili, blue, etc.

I have cholla wood, indian almond leaves and alder cones in all my shrimp tanks. They seem to appreciate mosses as well as floating plants. I only feed my shrimp every other day.

Alright thanks! Also, what do you feed?

4-5 shrimp would be ok in a 1 gal

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom