Shrimp Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the tank:). I just ordered some marimo moss balls online, some time this week I'll order the rest. Any ideas on aquascaping. I also just realized all my tanks have a mixed bottom substance:p. Wish it was different but hey it came with the tank(y). Maybe a nice rock or driftwood piece... Idk I have some glass things that came with it and I may try doing some structures with those. So the stocking list for this, currently, 5 red tiger shrimp and 5 yellow shrimp:D. Good?

Attachments

• image-2357289821.jpg
    image-2357289821.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 72
Looks good! You could have bee shrimp in an 8 gal but I would try to do a species only tank.

Are you going to make it a planted tank? Shrimp love plants. 5 and 5 should do nicely if you can find them!

Yeah it's going to be planted. Have marino balls on the way (5) just ordered them, going to look around for java moss and guppy grass too. And I may just have to do a bee shrimp only tank with the 8 gallon! They are amazing!

Is the lighting going to be enough for them? I think I am doing a shrimp only tank in my twenty as well.

User said:
Is the lighting going to be enough for them? I think I am doing a shrimp only tank in my twenty as well.

For what the balls? I'm getting a 15w 5700k bulb within the next few days, whenever I get around to going to the store. And yeah that tank sounds amazing! What type of shrimp? Sorry but I'm quickly falling heads over heels in love with shrimp! So cute:)

librarygirl said:
That'll be a cute shrimp tank! Can't wait to see when it's all done. :D

Thanks!

Oh and just wanted to add this: I'm going to add quitich goal post to it to completed the hogwarts/harry potter feel to it:). Sister will be happy!

Do you have any idea on how to make the quidditch goals? I don't know because I can only think of metals which might harm the shrimp! Do you think that Michaels might have some wood pieces that would work?

Yeah, that was kinda out of the question the only thing that kept going through my mind were washers and I'm not sure on whether they have copper in them at all...

Washers should not have copper. arent they stainless steel?

Wow yeah they are! That wasn't one of my brightest moments there! I'll look at them the next time I go to lowes! This will be awesome!

haha long day. I know I have had one. Good luck! they should not be expensive

Cool! Also what wattage heater would be good? I'm thinking that a 25w heater would be sufficient in there... Plus there's
one on eBay for 8.99 but I bet I could get it down to $5! And there's free shipping on it;)

Yea i doubt a 2.5 gal will need a larger heater. 25w sounds fine.

Will check the bulb and hood and will get the 25w heater because I think that's a pretty good deal! Hopefully I'll be able to go looking around for some of this stuff tomorrow! Thanks everyone:thanks:

No problem. Glad I could help! Lol I may ask for help with cories one day since you love them

Tarpon~ that's exactly what it said 15w max and tubular bulbs!!
User~ I'd be glad to help with them after everything you've done for me! I really do love cories, especially mine!

Back
Top Bottom