Shrimp Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea that sounds like enough. The guppy grass will give them plenty of cover. My ghost shrimp like my marimo balls as well so I believe most shrimp should. Put the flakes in from of the filter and it will current will blow them to the bottom. Thats what I did to feed mine. No problem!

Yeah I've seen ghost shrimp all over them in pet stores. I've been looking around my house today to find some things then off to either Walmart or such!

Ok good luck! I think I may buy some guppy grass for mine too now that I think about it...

Haha nice! So I added in some glass bead things and a pretty rock. I also did another quick test on ph which I haven't done in a while and got back the awesome ph of 6.6!!!! This is great for shrimp:)

Attachments

• image-947093089.jpg
    image-947093089.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image-456809423.jpg
    image-456809423.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image-2060900703.jpg
    image-2060900703.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image-1236465782.jpg
    image-1236465782.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 53
Another question... Would shells be good in there? I have some snail shells that I had for my betta tank a long time ago and they've just been sitting around, would the shrimp enjoy them?

Cool! Did you use silicone? How expensive is it? I really want to build some rock structure for my tank

tarpon said:
Cool! Did you use silicone? How expensive is it? I really want to build some rock structure for my tank

Yeah I used some pure silicone stuff that I got from meijer for $3.50 and the glass things came with the tank. I like the way that it turned out!

I hope its the silicone thats safe! How did you get your pH that low?

You can use the shells though I suggest boiling them so they are clear of anything that might be on them. I always do it as a precaution. They will probably like exploring and climbing on them!

User said:
I hope its the silicone thats safe! How did you get your pH that low?

You can use the shells though I suggest boiling them so they are clear of anything that might be on them. I always do it as a precaution. They will probably like exploring and climbing on them!

Yeah I checked it to make sure that it would be safe and got the type that had only silicone and nothing else. I also didn't do anything to the water! I was shocked that the ph was so low. I'll boil the shells just to be safe. Thanks!

Nice thatd be a shame if your shrimp died from that. The shells may raise your pH. Idk if I remember reading that somewhere. yellow shrimp, since they are like RCS, like the higher pH I thought anyway.

Could put some of that agronite sand under the gravel. Idk how to raise it to a precise level but its used to raise pH in cichlid tanks.

I think somewhere around 7.2 is ideal. But they should be fine in almost all phs. I wouldnt worry about the sand and the shells should do fine

Ok, but I'm still going to put them because I think they'll enjoy it and it'll raise the pH too.

So here are the things that I made now inside the tank:). I think that I may skip on the guppy grass and just have the java moss and maybe another plant:)

Looks nice! Cant wait to see some plants in there! Where were you going to get the grass as well?

Back
Top Bottom