Shrimp Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea it gets expensive very very quick. My ten gal will cost way over $600 if I go through with it.

Yeah I'm back. So I got 2 marimo balls for the tank and am going to the lfs tomorrow and getting some plants I'm thinking java moss and... Well I'm not sure about that one yet. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I get the plants and put them in:D

Yay! So its cycled? :)

My ten gal has been coming along really well! Gone over 600$ budget though lol

It's not cycled but I have plenty of media ready to transfer over to it:)
Here is the pictures of the plants in the bag:). When I get in the tanks I'll post again.

tarpon said:
Yayy. Whats the tank size again?
Where r u ordering your shrimps from?

It's 2.5 and I'm thinking either aquabid or the lfs or bobs tropical fish/plants. Those are what I'm sticking to:). Yay!

And here's the 13g with the anacharis and java moss

Ok just added a background to the tank and rearranged it a bit what do you think? Oh and I forgot the best part about the plants the guy at the store got me some java moss even though it wasn't out there, he had to go around to the tanks and in back to get some and then gave it to me for free! Ahh awesome aquarium guy:D

Okay update to the build:). My sister some how schemed my mother into getting her a doll for $30 and so my mom being my wonderful mother she is said that she'd let me spend $30 on whatever shrimp that I want! I can go a little over too because I do have some extra money to spend and the yard is looking kinda long;). What should I get???? I've been looking all over aquabid and can't seem to decide soooo I'm asking here!

Okay so I just bought 10 tiger shrimp:D. Within the next month or two I'll look into some cherry shrimp(y) but I cannot wait for them to come in!!!

Has anyone had any experience with these shrimp? I've read stuff on the tiger shrimp but nothing beats personal experience:). Also how hard is it to get them to breed? Thanks!

Nice! How much were they? I am looking to get some shrimp soon. No experience with those shrimp sorry!

AquaKai said:
Okay so I just bought 10 tiger shrimp:D. Within the next month or two I'll look into some cherry shrimp(y) but I cannot wait for them to come in!!!

Awesome! I can't wait for pictures!

User said:
Nice! How much were they? I am looking to get some shrimp soon. No experience with those shrimp sorry!

They were $26 for 10 of them plus shipping which is $7. It was the cheapest way for me to get them! I'm so excited for when they arrive which should be around tuesday. Expect lots of pictures. Nothing else I'll get experience with them, and then maybe if I'm lucky can get a group of them started:). That's with crossed fingers of course!

Good Luck! Cant wait to see how they turn out!

User said:
Good Luck! Cant wait to see how they turn out!

Thanks! I'll be posting lots of pictures and probably post a thread on trying to breed them in a week or two because the seller said that he'd send some males and females that were ready to breed as well as juveniles.

Ok keep us posted! I wish my tank was already done now lol

animalzrok2 said:
hey I'm in the process of cycling a 10 gallon shrimp tank :)

That's sweet! Do you have any idea what you're putting in it? Any pictures? Isn't it so much fun:). I love these shrimp!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom