Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seanh84

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im looking at maybe adding shrimp but need advise. I have a clown plec, stripped cory, and a catfish which im unsure of type (see pic) 2 x angels, 3 dwarf gounomis, 6 mollies, 4 red eye tetras. Would it be ok also whats the best kind.

I think small shrimp would be demolished in that tank. What size is the tank? Is it heavily planted? If it is the one shown in your avatar?

Its 3 foot long. All fish are still smallish. It has alot of bogwood init now and more plants are going in soon. It was just a thought but would have liked to introduce them

They would eventually be a food source. But you could put them in now while all the fish are small. When they get eaten, then so be it, a good snack for the fish. Just enjoy them while they last :)

Try Amano shrimp, they are pretty big and most fish wont mess with them, although you're Angelfish might be a concern depending how big they get.

Im looking at maybe adding shrimp but need advise. I have a clown plec, stripped cory, and a catfish which im unsure of type (see pic) 2 x angels, 3 dwarf gounomis, 6 mollies, 4 red eye tetras. Would it be ok also whats the best kind.

shrimp are amazing but they will get eaten or very very stressed

sorry :fish1:

Back
Top Bottom