Shrimps (and other inverts) and Aptasias in a Nanocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samwise

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a JBJ Nanocube since April and everything has been doing fine (except for the time i've had red slime everywhere). Lately, the 1 aptasia i had started to multiply. I'd rather put some peppermint shrimps in instead of using chemicals. My question is, how many inverts can i put in a nanocube? I have a fire shrimp , a few hermits, and 2 mithraxes (1 emerald and 1 red colored one). I have some snails too, but i don't think they count.

Oh, and I also don't know the name of the reddish brown mithrax i have. I mean , it looks just like the emerald except its reddish brown.

Welcome to AA!!! :D Do you have LR in your nano? If so, I think you could get away with two peppermints. Good luck and post some pics...Lando

Yes, I have about 12-13 lbs of LR. Fish wise, I've got a purple firefish and 2 ocellarises. Coral wise, hmm.. lets see... some mushrooms, a few button polyps, green star popyps, and electric green star polyps. I think i've got a small bristle star but i'm not sure.. saw it one day then it disappeared. probably hiding.

Back
Top Bottom