SICK BETTA Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gabeorguss

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Me and my gf just got our first betta he is a male who lives in a 3 gallon tank. The tank is located in our bathroom,his name is Norman betta ;). The tank does have a filter and I strive to keep the water very clean with a 50 percent water change weekly. Norman has contracted a terrible case of both ick and fin rot I don't want him to die. I was wondering if it would be ok to crank up his heat to 89°. he's at 82° right now, I know to only do a 1° per 12 hours or so. I also have already treated with aquarium salt and always put in water conditioner with every water change. I hade the tap water tested and it's very healthy for Norman. PLEASE HELP NORMAN BETTA NEEDS YOU.

Thanks
Gabeorguss

Get a bigger tank, 10 gallons. And do partial water changes daily until it has cycled. Clean water is the best thing to heal those fins. If you can't swing a bigger tank do the daily water changes in what you have. I have never taken a fish over 82, so I cannot speak to that.

Back
Top Bottom